Instant Pot Pasta Fagioli
Easy Recipe for Pasta fagioli. Rosemary, pancetta, garlic and a few other simple ingredients are combined in the Instant Pot to make the Italian classic.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 pound ditalini pasta
- 4 ounces pancetta
- 1 32 ounce can cannelini beans
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1.5 cups pecorino romano
- 5 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 large rosemary sprig
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Cook ditalini pasta to al dente. While boiling the pasta start up the Instant Pot on saute and cook the pancetta for 7 minutes. When pasta is finished drain and set aside.
Chop garlic and grate pecorino cheese.
Add garlic to pot and saute with pancetta for 30 seconds more. Add the drained beans, tomatoes, rosemary sprig, 5 cups chicken stock, and black pepper to pot. Close lid and turn pressure valve to sealed position. Turn saute off. Turn pressure cooker setting to on and set for 4 minutes.
The cook cycle will beep when finished. Let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes and then quick release it to let out remaining steam. Open pot and add the pasta and 1 cup of pecorino. Stir it all together and taste test if it needs any additional salt.
Serve with crusty Italian bread, crushed pepper flakes, and more pecorino on the side. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over each bowl and enjoy!
- I do not recommend the Instant Pot for making the pasta as it will be mushy and hard to cook everything together. It can be done but I think you will get a much better result boiling the pasta on the stove.
- Thin with water or more chicken stock if too thick.
- Thicken with a little cheese sprinkled on top or if necessary cook on the stove top, but I do not think this will be required.
- I love this dish with a nice sprinkle of hot pepper flakes and good extra virgin olive oil drizzled on top.
- A good loaf of bread is really important to sop up the remaining sauce in your bowl.
- No salt was added because pecorino is very salty as is pancetta. Also, the chicken stock's sodium level varies depending on the brand.
Calories: 655kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 34g | Sodium: 450mg