Baked shrimp oreganata with a delicious topping of wine, lemon, and garlic seasoned breadcrumbs.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 pound colossal shrimp
- 1.5 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp parmigiano reggiano
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Chop parsley, mince garlic, and preheat oven to 400f.
In a large pan saute garlic in 4 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat for 2 minutes or until golden. Add the breadcrumbs, parmigiano reggiano, parsley, oregano, crushed red pepper, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and white wine. Mix thoroughly and remove from heat.
In an oven safe baking dish or cast iron pan arrange shrimp with tails pointing up. Place the bread crumbs on top of shrimp. Add the remaining breadcrumbs and 1/2 cup of water to the center of pan. Drizzle 3 Tbsp of olive oil all over the shrimp and bake for 10 minutes.
After ten minutes, broil for 2 more minutes or until nice and brown. Remove shrimp from oven and plate with lemon wedges and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Spoon sauce from middle of pan onto plates. If sauce is dry loosen it with a 1/4 cup of water. Enjoy!
- The recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
- The sauce in the center can be loosened up at the end with water or chicken stock. Taste the sauce and adjust the salt if adding more water.
- Cooking time will be less if using smaller shrimp.
Calories: 589kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 32.4g | Fat: 37.6g | Sodium: 780mg