Walnut Sauce Pasta
Easy walnut sauce or pesto that is so delicious tossed over your choice of pasta.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 pound pasta
- 2 cups shelled walnuts
- 1/4 cup Moscato white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 cup pasta water
- 1/4 cup tap water
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 cup parsley
Cook pasta in salted water to "al dente" or 1 minute less than package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
Blend 2 cups walnuts, 1/4 cup Moscato, 1/4 cup cream, 1/4 cup cheese, 1 clove garlic, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper and 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil. If too thick add a little bit more oil and/or Tablespoons of water. Use just enough to allow the sauce to be blended smooth.
Place 2 ounces of pasta water and the pasta in a clean pan and turn heat to medium. Add the walnut sauce and stir to coat well. If too thick add a little bit more pasta water at a time to achieve a perfect consistency. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
Remove from heat and taste test. Adjust salt, pepper, and/or cheese. Add the parsley, stir and serve. Serve with more Parmigiano Reggiano and black pepper. Enjoy!
- Taste test and adjust salt after combining with pasta.
- Make sure to reserve plenty of pasta water as the pasta can dry out in minutes after being tossed. Pasta water is a great insurance policy!
- Definitely serve with more Parmigiano Reggiano.
- The sauce can be kept for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Calories: 884kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 56.8g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 174mg