Super easy mushroom meatballs bursting with a hearty texture and delicious flavor from Pecorino Romano cheese, garlic, and parsley.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 1 pound mushrooms diced
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 cup parsley minced
- 3/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Clean and dice mushrooms. Mince 5 cloves garlic and 1 cup of fresh parsley.
Saute garlic in a large pan over medium-low heat for 2 minutes, then add in the mushrooms, raise heat to medium and saute until they release their water (about 10 minutes).
Once water mostly evaporates place mushrooms in a large mixing bowl and let cool for a few minutes.
To the bowl, add in 3 beaten eggs, all the parsley, salt, pepper, Pecorino cheese, and breadcrumbs. Mix well, form meatballs into golf-sized balls, and place them on a baking sheet with a wire rack or a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake mushroom meatballs for 25-30 minutes at 350f on middle oven rack. Serve meatballs in sauce. Enjoy!
- Makes about 10-12 golf ball sized meatballs.
- Use wet or oiled hands to effectively roll the mushroom meatballs without sticking.
- If the meatballs are too wet, add a touch more breadcrumbs to the mixture. Conversely, if too dry, add 1-2 ounces of water to loosen up the mix.
- Refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Reheat in a pot on medium-low heat until warmed through.
Calories: 405kcal | Carbohydrates: 35.3g | Protein: 17.3g | Fat: 22.5g | Saturated Fat: 6.8g | Cholesterol: 138mg | Sodium: 924mg | Potassium: 582mg | Fiber: 3.5g | Sugar: 5.4g | Calcium: 244mg | Iron: 7mg