Thin cutlets dipped in flour and egg are tossed a delicious lemon, wine, and butter sauce.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 pound chicken cutlets thin sliced
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 2 large lemons
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1-2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Slice 1 lemon into thin rounds.
Prepare frying station with chicken, a bowl of flour, and a bowl with beaten eggs.
Heat a large pan to medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Dredge chicken into flour, shake off excess and dip into egg. Add a bit of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil to pan and fry the cutlets. Do not crowd. Work in batches. Use more oil/butter as required for subsequent batches.
Fry cutlets for 3 minutes per side, then place on paper towels to drain.
After chicken is finished, wipe the pan and fry lemons for 1-2 minutes. Add in the white wine, chicken stock, and the juice of half a lemon. Bring sauce to boil for 5-7 minutes.
Turn heat to medium-low and add small butter pieces rolled in flour (2 tablespoons worth). If the sauce is too thin add a touch more flour (~1 teaspoon) and continue to cook for 2-3 more minutes. Add a nice bit of black pepper and if necessary adjust salt and/or lemon juice amount.
When satisfied with the sauce's taste and consistency return the chicken to the pan and gently coat with the sauce and heat through for 1-2 minutes. Add the chopped parsley on top. Enjoy!
- Use thin-sliced chicken cutlets for best results.
- After frying, keep chicken cutlets warm in oven at lowest temp (~170f).
- Use a nonstick pan to avoid sticking.
- Use a touch more flour (~1 teaspoon) or a slurry of cornstarch (1 teaspoon mixed with 1 ounce water) to thicken sauce to desired consistency. Make sure to cook sauce for a few extra minutes after adding either in.
- Leftovers can be stored for up to 3 days in fridge. Reheat in oven at 325f covered until warm.
Calories: 583kcal | Carbohydrates: 13.7g | Protein: 41.4g | Fat: 37.7g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 317mg | Sodium: 850mg | Potassium: 399mg | Fiber: 0.6g | Sugar: 0.7g | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 3mg