Roasted Baby Broccoli With Seasoned Breadcrumbs
Baby broccoli is roasted until tender and finished with deliciously seasoned breadcrumbs and toasted pine nuts.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 bunches baby broccoli
- 3/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup pines nuts
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Chop a 1/2 inch off the stems of the baby broccoli. Coat baby broccoli with a 1/4 cup of olive oil and season with 1 teaspoon of kosher salt and a 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper on all sides.
Roast the baby broccoli for 15 minutes at 425f on the middle oven rack.
While roasting mix the breadcrumbs, oregano, chili flakes, grated parmesan, and 1/4 cup olive oil together to form the seasoned breadcrumbs.
Toast the pine nuts on low heat for 5-10 minutes until golden.
Remove baby broccoli after 15 minutes and top with the seasoned breadcrumbs. Roast for 5-10 minutes more or until the breadcrumbs are toasted and golden brown.
When finished sprinkle the toasted pine nuts on top and serve. Enjoy!
- Do not overcrowd the baby broccoli. If necessary use two pans.
- Parchment paper makes an easy cleanup and prevents sticking.
- Pay attention to the pine nuts while toasting. Use low heat and remove once golden.
Calories: 342kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.8g | Protein: 6.7g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 760mg | Potassium: 225mg | Fiber: 1.7g | Sugar: 1.3g | Calcium: 148mg | Iron: 1mg