Sauteed Balsamic Portobello Mushrooms
Sliced portobello mushrooms sauteed to perfection and finished with a touch of butter and balsamic vinegar.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 pound portobello mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons parsley minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Remove portobello gills (optional), clean, and slice into 1/4"strips.
Heat a pan to medium-high heat and let it get hot. Coat the bottom of pan with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and saute mushrooms. Do not crowd mushrooms. Work in batches if necessary.
After the mushrooms release their water (5-10 minutes), continue cooking until the mushrooms turn golden brown.
Turn heat to medium and add the butter. Cook for 1 minute, then add the balsamic vinegar. Sautee for 1-2 minutes more or until the mushrooms absorb the balsamic vinegar.
Turn off heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle fresh parsley on top and serve. Enjoy!
- Buy fresh firm mushrooms that are nice and dry.
- Removing the gills is optional.
- Do not overcrowd the pan. If necessary, saute in multiple batches.
- Thyme is also a great herb to pair with mushrooms - give it a try instead of the parsley if you are so inclined!
- Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 3 days and microwaved to reheat.
Calories: 169kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.1g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 16.3g | Saturated Fat: 5.2g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 623mg | Potassium: 412mg | Fiber: 1.4g | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg