Creamy Garlic Mushroom Pasta
Creamy garlic mushroom pasta is the perfect weeknight meal. Under 30 minutes to make this ultra comforting pasta recipe.
- 1 pound white button mushrooms sliced
- 1 pound pappardelle pasta
- 1 cup Pecorino Romano grated
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups pasta water
- 10 cloves garlic sliced or chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ cup parsley minced
Bring salted water (2 tablespoons kosher salt per gallon of water) to boil and cook pasta to 1 minute less than package instructions.
In large pan saute garlic in 2 tablespoons of olive oil for 1 minute on medium heat. Add the mushrooms to the pan and turn heat to medium-high. Let mushrooms release their water and continue to saute to brown.
Before draining the pasta reserve 2 cups of the pasta water. Add 1 cup of the pasta water, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp of pepper to the browned mushrooms and cook for 1 minute.
Turn heat to low and add 1 cup of cream and 1 cup of cheese. Mix thoroughly to make the sauce.
Add the pasta to the sauce pan and let it all cook to coat for 1-2 minutes while stirring. Taste test and adjust salt and pepper if required. Finally, add the parsley, mix it all together and serve with more grated Pecorino Romano cheese. If the sauce is too thick use a little bit more pasta water to thin it out. Enjoy!
- Only 1 teaspoon of kosher salt was used because of the salty Pecorino Romano cheese, but adjust according to personal taste.
- It's good to have extra pasta water on hand for thinning because cream sauces have a tendency to dry up quickly right before serving.
- Most thick pasta shapes work well for this recipe.
Calories: 534kcal | Carbohydrates: 66.6g | Protein: 22.3g | Fat: 20.8g | Saturated Fat: 11.8g | Cholesterol: 146mg | Sodium: 1041mg | Potassium: 586mg | Fiber: 1.1g | Sugar: 2g | Calcium: 224mg | Iron: 7mg