Grilled Chicken Thighs
Easy and delicious grilled boneless chicken thighs in a homemade Italian dressing.
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1.5 cups olive oil
- ¾ cup pecorino cheese
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 8 cloves garlic
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- 4 pounds boneless chicken thighs
Chop ½ cup of parsley and mince 8 cloves of garlic. Combine with 1.5 cups olive oil, 1 cup red wine vinegar, ¾ cup pecorino cheese, 2 tsp dried oregano and ½ tsp crushed red pepper. Whisk well or blend.
Reserve and set aside ¾ cup of the Italian dressing marinade. Pour remaining Italian dressing in a zip lock bag with the boneless chicken thighs. Refrigerate overnight or a minimum of 4 hours.
When ready for grilling remove chicken from bag and dispose of marinade.
Preheat gas grill to medium heat. Lightly oil grates and grill thighs for 7-8 minutes per side until nicely charred. Cook until internal temperature of meat is minimum 165f.
Plate and serve the chicken thighs with a drizzle of the remaining ¾ cups of Italian dressing. Enjoy!
- Remove any large pieces of fat from the boneless thighs if present, but do not worry about small bits of fat.
- All grills are different so use the time as a general grilling guideline.
- For certainty use an instant read thermometer and cook to 165f minimum temperature.
- No salt was added due to the salt content of the pecorino cheese.
- ¾ cup of the remaining Italian dressing can be used for a salad or drizzled on top of the chicken.
Calories: 604kcal | Carbohydrates: 0.1g | Protein: 41.2g | Fat: 47.7g | Cholesterol: 193mg | Sodium: 241mg