Meatball Parm Hero Recipe
Classic meatball parm hero with melted mozzarella and parmesan cheese on crusty Italian bread.
Preheat oven to 450f and set oven rack to middle. Heat meatballs and sauce in a pot until the meatballs are warmed all the way through.
Grate 1 pound of mozzarella cheese.
Slice 2 large loaves of Italian bread and place on a sheet pan. Evenly distribute 2 cups of sauce onto inside of the 2 loaves.
Layer the meatballs onto the bread and top with the grated mozzarella. Evenly distribute the grated parmesan cheese on top of the mozzarella.
Bake the meatball heroes/subs until the cheese is bubbly and the bread is toasty (about 10 minutes). Remove from oven and cut in half. Recipe makes four 8" long heroes. Enjoy!
- Recipe uses 2 large loaves of Italian bread (about a 16" long loaf)
- Each loaf will yield two 7-8" long meatball sandwiches.
- Good quality homemade sauce and meatballs will produce best results.
- Whole milk block mozzarella is recommended.
- Heat the sauce and meatballs prior to layering them on the bread so that the interior of the meatball is hot after the short baking time.
- Serve the meatball heroes with more grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve with extra sauce on the side for anyone who desires more or likes to dip.
Calories: 875kcal | Carbohydrates: 83.5g | Protein: 56.1g | Fat: 42.7g | Saturated Fat: 16.7g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 930mg | Potassium: 593mg | Fiber: 10.6g | Sugar: 24.1g | Calcium: 149mg | Iron: 3mg