The easiest roasted broccoli with olive oil, salt, and pepper is a wonderful side dish that complements any main course. This dish is simple enough for weeknights, but delicious enough for holidays and can be ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 2 heads broccoli
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano grated, optional
Preheat oven to 425f and set the rack to the middle level.
Cut off the bottom 2 inches of the thick stem then break and cut the broccoli into bite-size pieces. Feel free to use all of the remaining stems except for the bottommost part of the broccoli head.
Toss the broccoli pieces with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place broccoli onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes or until well browned.
Once the broccoli is finished, sprinkle the optional grated cheese. Enjoy!
- It is recommended to remove the bottom 2 inches of the broccoli head. But even that part can be used if it is shaved with a peeler to remove the very fibrous parts.
- Grated Pecorino is optional. You can also use parmesan cheese.
- Leftovers can be saved for up to 4 days in the fridge and are great eaten cold or can be reheated in both the microwave or oven.
Calories: 191kcal | Carbohydrates: 9.1g | Protein: 3.8g | Fat: 17.3g | Saturated Fat: 2.4g | Sodium: 626mg | Potassium: 432mg | Fiber: 3.6g | Sugar: 2.3g | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 3mg