Roasted mushrooms with butter and thyme is an impressive but easy side that's perfect with any main course!
- 2 pounds assorted mushrooms cleaned, end of stems removed, and quartered
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
Preheat oven to 450f and set the racks towards the center of the oven.
Toss the mushrooms with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme and spread out onto a large baking sheet. Use two sheets, if needed, to not overcrowd the mushrooms.
Roast the mushrooms for 30-35 minutes, flipping at the halfway point.
Remove the mushrooms from the oven and place them into a bowl. Add the butter and toss well. Taste test and season with more salt, pepper, or thyme if required. Enjoy!
- Butter is optional but really glistens the mushrooms up right before serving.
- Leftovers can be saved in the fridge for up to 3 days and can be reheated in the oven until warmed through.
Calories: 166kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 4.8g | Fat: 15.9g | Saturated Fat: 4.1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 489mg | Potassium: 482mg | Fiber: 1.5g | Sugar: 2.6g | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 4mg