Rosemary Grilled Pork Chops
Recipe for grilled pork chops in a simple red wine vinegar and rosemary marinade.
- 4 large bone in center cut rib or loin pork chops
For the marinade
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp rosemary
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
For the glaze
- 1 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp sugar
For the glaze
Bring 1 1/2 cups of balsamic vinegar and 3 Tbsp sugar to a boil, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
Turn heat to low and cook the glaze stirring occasionally until the glaze sticks to the back of a spoon (about 20-30 minutes) When finished set aside and move on to grilling the pork chops.
Pork chop marinade and grilling instructions
Chop 2 Tbsp of fresh rosemary leaves. To make the marinade, whisk together 2 Tbsp rosemary, 1 tsp Dijon mustard, 11/2 tsp kosher salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 cup red wine vinegar, and 1/4 cup olive oil.
Marinate the pork chops for minimum 2 hours (up to 12) in the refrigerator.
Remove the chops from the fridge 30 minutes prior to grilling. Heat a gas grill to medium high heat and lightly oil grates. Pat the chops dry with a paper towel.
Sear the pork chops for approximately 4 minutes per side until the chops achieve an internal temperature of 145f.
Lightly tent the chops with foil and let rest for 5 minutes. Drizzle the balsamic glaze on top if desired. Enjoy!
- Pork type - Thick cut bone in rib or loin pork chops are recommended.
- Marinade time - Marinate the chops for a minimum of 2 hours (up to 12).
- Grill - The recipe was made with a gas grill and grilled over direct heat. All grills are different. For a precisely cooked pork chop, use an instant read digital thermometer and cook to an internal temp of 145f for medium-rare.
- Getting a good sear - Pat dry the chops with paper towels prior to grilling. The chops will sear more quickly when dry.
- Finishing - Tent chops with foil to seal in the juices and either enjoy the chops as is or use the optional balsamic glaze.
Calories: 358kcal | Carbohydrates: 0.4g | Protein: 44.6g | Fat: 18.6g | Saturated Fat: 3.8g | Cholesterol: 124mg | Sodium: 455mg | Potassium: 740mg | Sugar: 0.1g | Iron: 2mg