Sauteed Spinach with Garlic
Sauteed spinach with garlic is a quick and easy side dish that is perfect with fish, meat, or even as a favorite pizza topping!
- 1 pound baby spinach washed and well drained
- 10 cloves garlic whole cloves for easy removal
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper optional, to taste
- 3/8 cup extra virgin olive oil divided
- salt to taste
Saute garlic cloves in a 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Once the cloves turn golden brown, remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
To the same pan add the crushed red pepper flakes, then the spinach. Mix the spinach around with tongs then cover.
After 1-2 minutes the spinach will have wilted. Remove the lid and turn off the heat. Season with salt to taste.
Add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil on the spinach before serving. Serve with the sauteed whole garlic cloves for anyone who might want them. Enjoy!
- Sodium levels reflect the addition of 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Add salt to taste, but keep in mind that green veggies taste way better with a good amount of salt!
- Feel free to drain any excess water before plating then drizzle more extra virgin olive oil top.
- The garlic cloves that were used to flavor the olive oil can be served with the spinach and eaten whole, or they can be discarded.
- Leftovers can be saved for up to 3 days and can be reheated in the microwave.
Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.1g | Fat: 19.3g | Saturated Fat: 2.8g | Sodium: 671mg | Potassium: 633mg | Fiber: 2.5g | Sugar: 0.5g | Calcium: 113mg | Iron: 3mg