Chicken cutlets are pan-seared and tossed in a delicious and fragrant lemon, butter, and white wine sauce then finished with capers and parsley.
- 1.5 pounds chicken cutlets thin sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers rinsed
- 2 large lemons 6 slices and rest cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley minced
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 5 tablespoons butter unsalted, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
On a flat plate mix salt and pepper into flour. Dredge chicken cutlets in the flour and set aside on wax or parchment paper. Save the flour for use later in the recipe.
Heat a large pan to medium heat for 2-3 minutes, then add a touch of olive oil and butter to pan. Sear cutlets in pan until just done (approximately 2-3 minutes total) then set aside in a plate lightly tented with foil. Do not crowd chicken in the pan Work in batches, using a bit more olive oil and butter as required for each batch.
After all the chicken pieces are cooked turn heat to low and add the garlic into pan. Saute for 1 minute then add the capers and cook for 1 minute more.
Add the wine, chicken stock, and lemon slices to the pan and turn heat to high. With a wooden spoon dislodge all the brown bits from the bottom of pan. Boil for 2 minutes.
Next, turn the heat down to medium. Roll butter cubes in remaining flour and add to pan. Using a whisk or wooden spoon, stir the sauce to emulsify. Taste test and adjust salt, pepper, and lemon juice levels if required.
When satisfied with the taste of the sauce, add the chicken in and gently coat all pieces. Cook for 2-3 minutes to warm through. Turn off heat and add the parsley, mix one more time and serve immediately. Serve with remaining lemon wedges. Enjoy!
- Thin cutlets are recommended.
- Use an adequate amount of oil and butter for each batch of chicken and do not crowd the pieces in the pan.
- If a thicker sauce is desired, a slurry of 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and 2 ounces of water can be used, though the sauce should not be overly thick.
- Leftovers can be saved for up to three days and can be reheated in the oven on 325f covered until warm or on the stovetop at low heat.
Calories: 603kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.9g | Protein: 50.7g | Fat: 39.7g | Saturated Fat: 14.4g | Cholesterol: 190mg | Sodium: 898mg | Potassium: 442mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 0.2g | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 3mg