Pumpkin spice bourbon milk punch needs to be on your Fall menu. Perfect as a before-dinner drink, and equally delightful as a dessert, this drink combines bourbon, milk, vanilla, honey, Rumchata and, you guessed it - pumpkin spice!
Pumpkin spice and everything nice
I'm not gonna lie - saying goodbye to summer this year was hard.
But the moment I walked into Starbucks and tried their pumpkin cream cold brew, I knew I was going to be alright.
Fall was here and along with it, the promise of all the pumpkin things.
For me, if pumpkiny food and beverage were available all year round, I'd be totally cool.
Pumpkin beer, pumpkin donuts, pumpkin ravioli - you name it. If it's pumpkin flavored, I'm a total sucker for it.
That's why I knew I needed to make some sort of pumpkin spice cocktail, and how this bourbon milk punch came to be.
Fall-ing for bourbon
I haven't always loved bourbon. It can be a bit overpowering for me at times, but as I've gotten older, I've begun to enjoy it more.
Its warmth makes it a perfect spirit for crisper weather, and it pairs so well with all the flavors of autumn.
This time of year you'll often find maple syrup infused with bourbon, and bourbon pecan pies and bourbon cranberry sauces will grace our tables in the weeks to come. If I had to assign a spirit to a season, bourbon would own the Fall.
And that is why it goes so well with all the other ingredients in this drink, especially the pumpkin spice.
When to serve it
Our recipe is for one drink, but who is stopping you from making a punch bowl filled with this stuff to serve at a Halloween cocktail party or any other Fall gathering?
This bourbon milk punch is great before a meal but I also think this wins as an after-dinner drink since it basically tastes like a dessert.
If you are having a Fall dinner party, you could fancy this up and serve in martini glasses...oh and you can rim the glasses with sugar and pumpkin spice!
For said dinner party, consider these Fall-inspired dishes that would be amazing following (or preceding) the pumpkin spice bourbon milk punch:
- Roasted turkey breast
- Roasted garlic mashed potatoes
- Butternut squash soup with maple syrup
- Sausage and apple stuffed acorn squash
How to make pumpkin spice bourbon milk punch
This drink is super easy so there is not much to do!
Begin by gathering your ingredients: Bourbon, Rumchata, milk (we used whole milk because it is creamier than 2% or skim milk but do what works for you), vanilla extract, honey, and pumpkin pie spice.
And ice - you'll need enough ice for the cocktail shaker and the glasses. No ice is needed if you choose to serve in martini glasses, however, you may want to use the ice to chill the glass ahead of time.
Fill the cocktail shaker with ice. Pour the bourbon, Rumchata, milk, and vanilla extract over the ice. Add the honey and shake vigorously for 20 seconds.
Strain and pour into the glass. Add a liberal shake of pumpkin pie spice to the top of the drink, or you can also mix the pumpkin pie spice with sugar and use it to rim the glass.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
More fall-inspired cocktails
- Pumpkin spice martini
- Apple margarita
- Maple bourbon apple cider cocktail
- Pumpkin mule
- Apple pie a la mode
- Apple cider old-fashioned
If you’ve enjoyed this pumpkin spice bourbon milk punch or any recipe on this site please let us know in the comments.
We would love to hear how you did and it’s nice to show others as well. Thanks!
- 1 ¾ oz Bourbon
- 1 oz Rumchata
- 2 ½ oz Milk
- 1 dash Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Honey
- ¼ tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup ice
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. To the shaker add the bourbon, Rumchata, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Next, add the honey and shake vigorously for about 20 seconds.
- Strain and pour into ice-filled rocks glasses.
- Top with pumpkin pie spice and serve immediately.
- You can substitute rye or another whiskey if you don't have bourbon.
- If you can't find Rumchata, you can omit it, however, add an extra teaspoon of honey or maple syrup to make the drink sweeter.
- We used whole milk and recommend it for this recipe, but if you cannot consume dairy, or prefer to use a cow's milk with lesser fat content, you can substitute.
- Feel free to serve this in coupe or martini glasses rimmed with sugar and pumpkin spice mixed together! Just moisten the rim of the glass with bourbon so the mixture will stick better.