This Apple Pie à la mode Martini is basically dessert in a glass. The carbonation from the cider and seltzer reminds us of an egg-cream and the flavors are just perfect for the Fall! This drink is simple to make, and can easily be made non-alcoholic simply by swapping the hard cider for any non-alcoholic apple cider.
Apple Pie in a Glass, Hold the Crust
If you’ve visited Sip and Feast before, you’re probably aware that we LOVE Fall! The crisp air just makes us feel like cooking lots of comforting food, spending time with family, and preparing for all the coziness the coming months promise. What you might not know is that Apple Pie is James’s absolute favorite dessert – one that he simply cannot resist. So, it made sense to make this cocktail to honor him! After all, October is the month of his birthday and our anniversary, so James – this one’s for you!
My favorite part of apple pie has always been the filling, and of course, the vanilla ice cream when served à la mode. I do like a crust, but unless it is done right, I could take it or leave it. I also happen to be a big fan of egg creams (it’s my favorite soda shop beverage). So this Apple Pie à la mode Martini is also for me.
And, since this is also easily translatable into a mocktail, simply by replacing the hard cider with regular cider, it is something that the kids can also enjoy. So really, this is Apple Pie à la mode drink is one that the entire Sip and Feast clan has tested and approved!
Cider, Cider Everywhere!
I can’t think of a more quintessential beverage for the Fall than cider. There are all different types on the shelves of stores now too – Fuji cider, Honeycrisp cider, Spiced Cider. And there seems to be even more variety with the hard ciders! In fact, if you enjoy hard cider, and live in Long Island, stop by the Riverhead Cider House for a large variety of ciders. It’s one of our favorite places!
As much as we love cider, sometimes you need to change it up a bit, which is exactly what inspired this Apple Pie à la mode Martini. We know we love cider and ice cream – what would happen if we blended them together. Surely it would be amazing! And it is.
When To Serve An Apple Pie Martini
As with our other Fall-inspired drinks, this would be perfect for any gathering you might host in the Fall. The non-alcoholic versions would be great for a kids’ Halloween party or Harvest festival! While this does taste like dessert, it would also be a great drink to serve to greet your guests as they arrive for Thanksgiving. You pretty much cannot go wrong with when to serve this drink.
And speaking of Thanksgiving, here are some amazing recipes for you to check out:
- Sage And Onion Stuffing
- Butternut Squash With Brown Sugar And Pumpkin Seeds
- Vegan Butternut Squash Soup With Maple Syrup
- Sausage And Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Apple Crostata
How To Make Apple Pie à la Mode Martini
This drink is simple, but you will need a blender to make it. You will also need ice, hard apple cider, vanilla ice cream, club soda, apple slices, and cinnamon and sugar for garnish. Optional ingredients include vodka, for a boozier version, and whipped cream.
First, fill your blender with ice, followed by the cider and the ice cream. If you’re adding vodka, add it at this time as well. Blend for about 15 seconds until ice is fully incorporated and the consistency is frothy.
Then, add to chilled martini or coupe glasses. Garnish with an apple slice and the cinnamon-sugar mixture. If you want to add whipped cream, now would be the time to add that as well. Serve immediately.
Yes, it is that easy!
Note: The directions are the same for the mocktail/non-alcoholic version. Just omit the vodka and replace the hard cider with regular apple cider.
More Fall Cocktails
Check out our Fall cocktail lineup! There is something here for everyone!
- White Wine Sangria Recipe With Pears And Apples
- Apple Cider Old Fashioned
- Pumpkin Spice Bourbon Milk Punch
- Bourbon Apple Cider Cocktail
If you’ve enjoyed this Apple Pie a la Mode Martini or any recipe on this site please let us know in the comments. We would love to hear how you did and it’s nice to show others as well. Thanks!
Apple Pie a la mode Martini
- 3 1/2 ounces Hard Apple Cider
- 1 scoop Vanilla ice cream
- 1 splash club soda
- 1 ounce vodka (optional)
- 1 cup Ice
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 slice apple
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar. Set aside.
- Add ice, ice cream and cider to a blender. If using vodka, add at this time as well. Blend for about 15 seconds until ice is incorporated and the mixture is nice and frothy.
- Pour mixture into chilled coupe glasses. Top with a splash of club soda.
- Garnish with the apple slice and cinnamon/sugar mixture as shown. Serve immediately.
- Calorie info is for non-vodka version. Add 65 calories for 1 ounce vodka.
- Adding vodka will make this drink a bit stronger. You can use plain vodka, but feel free to change it up and add whipped cream flavored vodka, caramel vodka, apple vodka, etc.!
- Whipped cream is optional and always welcome! We added the whipped cream to the mocktail/non-alcoholic version of the drink.
- To make this a non-alcoholic drink, replace the hard cider with regular apple cider, and omit the vodka.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.