One of my favorite ways to kick off the holidays is with a big pitcher of Thanksgiving Sangria with apples and pears. This refreshing drink combines white wine, apple vodka, orange liqueur, pear nectar, apples, pears, pomegranate seeds, and club soda. It’s crisp, a little sweet, and perfectly effervescent!
Editor’s Note: Originally published on September 23, 2018. Updated with expanded information and all new photos.
The holidays can be hectic and having a go-to easy but festive cocktail that can be made ahead of time makes things so much easier!
This Thanksgiving sangria with pears and apples is the perfect beverage for Thanksgiving, Friendsgiving, and any other Fall or Harvest gathering!
This Fall sangria is great in a pitcher, but works well in a punch bowl or a glass beverage dispenser; it’s the perfect cocktail that’s both hostess and guest-friendly!
Thanksgiving sangria is the perfect precursor to your favorite Thanksgiving foods, such as roasted spatchcock turkey, sweet potato casserole, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and amaretto pumpkin pie!
Be sure to check out our White Christmas Sangria too!
All ingredients for this recipe are shown in the pic below and special notes are made in this bulleted list to assist you.
- White wine. Use a semi-sweet white wine, such as a Riesling for Thanksgiving sangria. If you prefer a sweeter sangria, you can use a sweet wine, such as Moscato.
- Orange liqueur. Any orange liqueur will do. Grand Marnier tends to be more expensive, while Gran Gala is a more economical choice. Alternatively, you can use triple sec.
- Apple vodka. This adds additional apple flavor. Pear vodka would be a great alternative!
- Pear nectar. For great pear flavor!
- Cinnamon stick. To elevate the Fall vibes to this white sangria.
- Apples and pears. Use any variety you’d like. We chose brown pears, a granny smith, and a honey crisp for a variety of color.
- Pomegranate arils. These are the seeds from the pomegranate and add great texture, color, and flavor to the sangria. You can either remove the seeds from a whole pomegranate or opt to buy the arils themselves from the grocery store. These are optional but we highly recommend using them!
- Club soda. Or sparkling water, seltzer, etc. for effervescence.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
How to make it
- Dice 2 large apples and 2 large pears and add them to a sangria pitcher along with 1 cinnamon stick.
- Add 2 ounces of orange liqueur, 2 ounces of apple vodka, and 2 ounces of pear nectar and mix gently with the fruit to combine.
- Add 1 750 ml bottle of semi-sweet white wine, such as Riesling, to the pitcher and stir gently to combine, then cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill. The sangria can chill in the fridge for up to 1 day ahead of serving.
- Right before serving, add 16 ounces of club soda (other sparkling water, seltzer, etc.) to the pitcher. Add the pomegranate arils to the pitcher reserving a few to garnish each glass, if desired.
- Add ice cubes to each glass, pour the Thanksgiving sangria, top with another spalsh of club soda, and add a few pomegranate arils to each glass. Serve and enjoy!
More festive cocktails
The holidays are a great time to mix up your favorite drinks and impress your guests! Here are a few of our favorites. For more cocktails and sangrias, check out our full cocktail recipe catalog.
- Pumpkin mule – pumpkin vodka, apple cider, pumpkin butter, and ginger ale.
- Apple margarita – mezcal, apple jam, apple cider, pear liqueur, triple sec, and lime juice.
- Pumpkin spice martini – pumpkin and vanilla vodka with Rumchata and a maple-pumpkin spice rim.
- Cranberry mule – cranberry, vodka, lime, and ginger soda.
- Apple cider old-fashioned – rye, apple cider, bitters, garnished with apple and cherries.
If you’ve enjoyed this Thanksgiving Sangria with Pears and Apples recipe or any recipe on this site, give it a 5-star rating and tell us about it in the comments below.
White Wine Sangria Recipe With Pears And Apples
- 2 large Apples diced
- 2 large Pears diced
- 1 stick Cinnamon
- 2 ounces Gran Gala or Grand Marnier
- 2 ounces Apple Flavored Vodka
- 2 ounces Pear Nectar
- 1 750 ml bottle Semi Sweet White Wine
- 16 oz Club soda or seltzer
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate arils Optional
- 1 cup ice
- Add the apples, pears, and cinnamon stick to a pitcher.
- Add the apple vodka, orange liqueur, and pear nectar and stir to combine.
- Add the entire bottle of white wine and stir gently to combine.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Before serving, add the club soda and pomegranate arils reserving a few for extra garnish. Fill each glass with ice and pour the sangria. Top with more club soda if desired, and the pomegranate arils. Serve and enjoy!
- Use an orange liqueur such as Grand Marnier or Gran Gala. You can also opt for Triple Sec if you do not have an orange liqueur.
- The pomegranate arils are optional, though they do add beautiful color and texture. As an alternative, you can use frozen cranberries.
- While you can serve Thanksgiving Sangria right away, it will taste better when stored in the refrigerator for at least a few hours or even overnight.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
This recipe was originally published on September 23, 2018. It was completely updated on November 4, 2023.