The Sgroppino cocktail is a refreshing digestivo that hails from Venice that combines lemon sorbet, prosecco, and vodka. This slushy concoction can be served in between courses as a palate cleanser, as a pre-dinner drink, or even dessert!
If you’re looking for a refreshing way to end a meal on a hot day, the Sgroppino is the perfect solution!
There are many methods to make a sgroppino cocktail and many recipes involve a simple whisking of the ingredients, or even using a stand mixer to whip the ingredients together.
We’ve found that our favorite way to enjoy this frosty treat is with a blender.
The blender yields a more frosty frozen sgroppino that’s fun to drink and beautiful to look at!
- Lemon sorbet. Use any lemon sorbet you’d like. You can even use lemon gelato for a creamier texture, if desired. It’s important to work fast once you’ve removed the sorbet from the freezer as it will melt quickly which can affect the texture of the sgroppino.
- Prosecco. You can use any sparkling white wine you’d like but prosecco is the most traditional since the sgroppino cocktail hails from Italy. Be sure to chill the prosecco before using for this recipe.
- Vodka. Use your favorite brand of vodka. Allowing it to chill in the freezer for an hour before you make the sgroppino is a great idea since room temperature vodka will melt the sorbet.
- Lemon and mint. We think the mint leaves and lemon wedge are the perfect garnish here but you can also garnish with shaved lemon zest and fresh basil leaves.
- Ice. This is optional and is based purely on your desire for a slushier consistency. If you’d like a thicker drink, add a few ice cubes and blend until combined.
How to make it
- To a blender, add 2 ounces of chilled prosecco, 1 ounce of chilled vodka, and 6 ounces of frozen lemon sorbet.
- Blend until combined and frothy. If a thicker consistency is desired, add a few ice cubes and blend again until the desired thickness is achieved.
- Pour the sgroppino into coupe glasses or champagne flutes and garnish with fresh mint leaves and lemon wedges.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
More slushy cocktails
If you enjoy frozen drinks, here are a few more to enjoy!
- Limoncello margarita – tequila, limoncello, and triple sec blended with lime juice and ice until slushy.
- Frozen rosé – frozen strawberries, lemon, and rosé.
- Raspberry colada – tropical blend of frozen raspberries, pineapple, rum, and coconut.
If you’ve enjoyed this Sgroppino cocktail recipe or any recipe on this site, give it a 5-star rating and leave a review.
- 2 ounces prosecco chilled
- 1 ounce vodka chilled
- 6 ounces lemon sorbet frozen
- 3 cubes ice optional, plus more if desired
- 2 sprigs mint
- 2 wedges lemon
- To a blender, add the prosecco, vodka, and lemon sorbet and blend.
- If a thicker consistency is desired, add ice and blend until the desired consistency is reached.
- Pour the sgroppino into coupe glasses or champagne flutes and garnish with mint leaves and lemon wedges. Serve immediately and enjoy.
- All ingredients should be well chilled.
- Depending on the temperature of your ingredients, you may need to add ice to achieve a thicker consistency.
- If you prefer a thicker, slushier beverage, add more ice and blend as needed.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.