The strawberry mojito is the perfect summer cocktail that you’ll want to drink all year long. Adding fresh strawberries to the classic mojito brings greater depth to an already beloved drink.
Strawberry Mojito: A New Twist On A Classic
In many of our drink recipes we start with a classic cocktail, and then add a little something to change it up. Nothing too crazy here, just the addition of delicious fresh strawberries which changes the drink but you can still tell it’s a mojito.
So what is a classic mojito? Although there is some dispute with regards to its origin, most believe the birthplace of the mojito was in Havana, Cuba.
The classic mojito combines mint, lime, club soda, sugar or simple syrup and rum. It’s clean, refreshing flavor makes it a perfect base for experimenting with new flavors.
For this recipe, we used strawberries, but blueberries, or blackberries would work equally well.
What To Serve With This Cocktail?
The strawberry mojito is a great cocktail to have before or during dinner, especially if that dinner is going to be cooked and eaten outside. However, the strawberry mojito can also be enjoyed as a brunch cocktail.
You can’t go wrong pairing the strawberry mojito with any of these recipes:
How To Make The Strawberry Mojito
To make this recipe, you’ll need a cocktail shaker, a muddler and a rocks glass, or a high ball glass. If you don’t own a muddler, don’t worry! You can use the back of a wooden spoon for similar results.
The ingredients include:
- Rum – any will do but we used Bacardi
- Club Soda
- Lime for juice and garnish
- Simple syrup
Begin by muddling the strawberries, lime juice, lime wedges and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker.
Remove the pulverized lime wedges and add the ice and the rum. Shake it all together vigorously.
This drink should be poured directly into the glass with extra ice – you do not want to strain this drink because you’ll lose the lime, mint and strawberries!
Add the club soda and give it a gentle stir.
Garnish with extra mint, lime slices, or strawberry slices if desired. I love to add a big handful of mint as a garnish because it is so fragrant!
Serve this immediately and enjoy!
Other Mint Cocktails
If you love mint, you’ll want to check out these other minty concoctions!
- Hugo Spritz – prosecco, mint, lime and elderflower
- Juliet & Romeo – gin, cucumber, mint and rosewater
- Paloma with Mint – tequila, grapefruit and mint
Did You Make This Drink?
Give it a star rating!
If you liked this Strawberry Mojito recipe we would really appreciate it if you would share it on Instagram or Facebook using #sipandfeast.
We would love to know how you did and it’s nice to show others as well. Thanks!
- 2 oz White Rum
- 2 oz Club Soda
- 1/2 oz Lime Juice
- 3 Wedges Lime plus more for garnish
- 3 Medium sized Strawberries
- 10 Leaves Mint for drink and garnish
- 1/2 oz Simple Syrup
- 1 cup Ice
- Muddle the strawberries, lime juice, lime wedges and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker.
- Add rum and ice and shake vigorously for 20 seconds.
- Pour directly into a glass with additional ice. Do not strain.
- Add the club soda and stir.
- Garnish with mint leaves, lime slices or wedges, or strawberries if desired. Serve immediately.