Tangy and creamy Horseradish Sauce is the perfect accompaniment to your favorite beef dishes, such as prime rib, and seared steak. It’s incredibly easy to make and better than any store-bought version.
When it comes to beef, there is no better condiment than homemade horseradish sauce!
The best part is it takes about 5 minutes to prepare!
All ingredients for this recipe are shown in the pic below and special notes are made in this bulleted list to assist you.
- Prepared horseradish. You can usually find this in the refrigerated section of your grocery store, often by the meat or deli counter.
- Sour cream and mayonnaise. For an ultra-creamy consistency.
- Dijon mustard. For a little extra tang.
- Worcestershire sauce. Just a bit for additional flavor.
- Chives. For color and flavor.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
How to make it
- In a mixing bowl, stir together 1 cup of sour cream, 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise, 5 tablespoons of prepared horseradish, 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard, 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce and 1 tablespoon of minced fresh chives.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and stir again.
- Serve with your favorite dishes, such as prime rib, and enjoy!
If you’ve enjoyed this Horseradish Sauce Recipe or any recipe on this site, give it a 5-star rating and tell us about it in the comments below.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chives minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with beef such as prime rib. Enjoy!
- Horseradish sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.