When we think of Thanksgiving, images of perfectly glistening turkeys leap to mind. But as much as we romanticize the bird, the reality is that the sides are the real reason we love Thanksgiving!
If you prefer video, watch the full episode 23 YouTube video version.
Forget the bird and bring on the sides
We love a good Thanksgiving turkey with its crisp golden skin, tender juicy meat, and lots of gravy, but when it comes down to it, the side dishes are the true stars of the show!
There are so many to choose from – the must-haves, like mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, and stuffing, some lesser-known sides, and of course the obligatory albeit outdated ones that complete the Thanksgiving dinner spread.
In this episode, we discuss our favorites, talk through the recipes, and answer the question, “If you could only choose 5 sides to make for Thanksgiving, which 5 would you choose?”
We also discuss canned vs. fresh cranberry sauce, the reason you won’t find a Sip and Feast recipe for green bean casserole, and Tara shares her unpopular opinion on stuffing.
Stay tuned for next week’s episode where we’ll provide you with the ultimate game plan for a successful Thanksgiving!
- Sip and Feast Fall and Thanksgiving Recipe Catalog
- Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- Italian-American Lasagna Recipe
- Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- Italian Sausage Stuffing Recipe
- Sage and Onion Stuffing Recipe
- Garlic Butter Rolls Recipe
- Honey Balsamic Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- Maple Roasted Carrots Recipe
- Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- Baked Artichoke Hearts with Breadcrumbs Recipe
- Italian Potato Casserole Recipe
- Baked Cauliflower with Cheese and Breadcrumbs Recipe
- Creamed Spinach Recipe
If you enjoyed The Sides are the Real Reason We Love Thanksgiving episode, leave us a comment below and let us know!
We love your questions. Please send them to [email protected] (remove the 11111 for our contact). There’s no question not worth asking.
If you enjoy our weekly podcast, support us on Patreon and you will get 2 more bonus episodes each month!
Thanks for listening!
For a complete list of all podcast episodes, visit our podcast episode page.